Are Short Sale and Foreclosure Homes Worth It?


Lately, clients have been asking me two questions. They ask me what I do for fun, and also whether it’s worth it to pursue short sales or foreclosures.

Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale

Lately I’ve been receiving the same two questions pretty often. 

The first thing people ask a lot is what I do for fun. Well, one of my favorite things to do is head on down to my 412-acre farm in Bertie County. In the fall, I like to hunt on my other property, which is 1,300 acres. 

I always have a great time working the ground for food plots and trails. Of course, I’ve got to be on the lookout for rattlesnakes whenever I visit. 

But in any case, it’s nice to get away from the beach for a change of scenery. 

The second question I’ve been getting a lot is back on the subject of real estate. People are wondering if they should pursue short sales or foreclosures. 

Sometimes short sales can be laborious, and these homes aren’t always the best to buy because of deferred maintenance. 

Just this past year I had a client who was interested in a beautiful waterfront property, only to find out that the home was basically rotten on the ocean-facing walls. I also recently worked with a foreclosure home that had settling issues.

When pursuing short sales and foreclosures, it’s best to seek professional help. Having the best possible agent working with you will make a huge difference. My team at Colony Realty Corporation has all the tools to do proper due diligence for you.

When pursuing short sales and foreclosures, it’s best to seek professional help.

If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.